International

‘Dutch tram shooting may be a terror attack’

‘Dutch tram shooting may be a terror attack’
Suspect captured after the tram shooting.
Utrecht (Netherlands), March 19 (IANS) | Publish Date: 3/19/2019 12:12:50 PM IST

The suspect of tram shooting in the Dutch city of Utrecht and his victims were not linked, said the police and the prosecutor on Tuesday and added they were, therefore, “seriously considering a terrorist motive”.

According to a joint statement by the police and the prosecutor, investigations so far showed no relation between the shooter and the victims, and a note found in a seized car is one of the other reasons to think of a terrorist motive. 

But other motives are not excluded and the probe is on.

Three people were killed and seven others injured in the tram shooting in Utrecht on Monday. The police arrested the main suspect and another person for involvement. On Monday, Dutch police arrested a third suspect. 

“We are investigating the role of this third person,” said the police. 

All three suspects are being interrogated in the custody. The main suspect is 37-year-old Gökmen Tanis from whom a weapon was recovered.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-2482 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus