Infotainment

‘Friends’ co-creator shuts down reunion rumours

‘Friends’ co-creator shuts down reunion rumours
March 17 (Agencies) | Publish Date: 3/17/2019 12:25:37 PM IST

 Since the last flashes of Monica and Chandler’s apartment aired to the sounds of Jefferson Airplane’s ‘Embryonic Journey’ during the final episode of Friends in 2004, fans have hoped that the celebrated comedy would get a reunion.

But now, it seems as though those hopes have been dashed completely, since the show’s co-creator, Marta Kauffman, has shut down the idea of a reunion.

In an interview with Rolling Stone published earlier this week, Kauffman explained there are “several reasons” why a revisit to the comedy just wouldn’t work.

She said: “One, the show is about a time in your life when your friends are your family. It’s not that time anymore. All we’d be doing is putting those six actors back together, but the heart of the show would be gone.”

The writer went on to add that a potential reunion “could only disappoint,” joking that a special would be dubbed “The One Where Everyone’s Disappointed.”

In 2016, the cast actually got together – without Matthew Perry – for an interview to celebrate the work of director James Burrows, where they discussed the show at length and gave insight to working on the hit comedy and shared behind-the-scenes secrets. In 2018, Jennifer Aniston told James Cordon on the Late Late Show that the show’s lead women – herself, Courtney Cox and Lisa Kudrow – were the most open to a reunion.

She said: “Listen, the girls always say we would love to do it again, and the boys are a little less excited about it for some reason — I don’t know.”

She added: “And so, we’ve decided that we’ll just do … a remake of ‘The Golden Girls’ in 40 years.”

Last year, Matt LeBlanc – whose latest gig sees him as the presenter of Top Gear – said a reunion show wouldn’t work as “Everyone’s imagination of what they’re doing now is better.”

In December, fans were delighted when Courtney Cox and Tom Selleck – aka Monica and Richard – were spotted bumping into each other in a New York bar, with the moment caught on camera by a fan.

(NME)

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-2482 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com
© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus