Sports

‘Full of fire’ ahead of return: Mourinho

London, Jul 30 (Agencies) | Publish Date: 7/30/2019 11:50:34 AM IST

Jose Mourinho says he is “full of fire” ahead of a return to football management, but insists he is willing to wait for the right opportunity before making a decision on his future.

Mourinho has been out of work since leaving Manchester United in December and, despite receiving a number of offers to return to the game, he is currently spending time in his home city of Setubal rather than being on the training pitch.

However, the warm weather and picturesque views of the Portuguese coast line provide little respite for Mourinho.

“This is basically the first time I have time to think, the first time I am in Setubal at the end of July or beginning of August in more than 20 years,” said Mourinho.

“I have some time to think, to rethink, to analyse and what I feel is exactly that ‘Ze’ (Mourinho’s nickname as a boy) is full of fire! My friends tell me ‘enjoy your time, enjoy your July, enjoy your August, enjoy what you never had’. Honestly, I can’t enjoy. I am not happy enough to enjoy.”

“I miss my football, I have the fire, I have a compromise with myself, with people that love me, with so many fans that I have around the world, so many people that I inspired.”

“Ze has to be Ze and Ze until the last day, but I don’t see the last day because my next move will be like the start! I don’t feel it’s just one more year in accumulation of how many years I’ve worked, how many titles I’ve won. That is history, that is the museum!”

“My future will start in my next move and, as I was saying, it looks a little bit ridiculous with so many beautiful things around me and so many things I didn’t [have] for so many years, but I can’t really enjoy my free time.”

Mourinho has not been short of offers since his departure from Old Trafford though.

He rebuffed former club Benfica when they tried to bring him in as head coach in January, while the riches of the Chinese Super League failed to tempt the 56-year-old back into the dugout. It is understood that Mourinho declined an £88m contract - the biggest managerial offer in world football - to manage a club in China earlier this summer.

 

-Tags:#Mourinho

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus