National

‘PM responsible if anything happens to me’: Hazare

NEW DELHI, FEB 3 (AGENCIES) | Publish Date: 2/3/2019 11:42:56 AM IST

Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare has warned Prime Minister Narendra Modi that the latter will be held responsible if anything happened to his health.

“People will remember me as a person who tackled situations and not as somebody who added fuel to the fire. If something happened to me, people will hold the prime minister responsible,” the 81-year-old activist told news agency ANI.

Hazare launched an indefinite hunger strike last week at his village Ralegan-Siddhi to protest against the Modi government’s failure to appoint a Lokpal at the Centre and Lokayuktas in state.

Last month, an angry Hazare had said that if Lokpal was there, scam like Rafale would not have happened. 

“I have plenty of papers on Rafale and I will hold a separate press conference after studying it for two days. One thing I do not understand how a company formed a month ago before the deal was made partner in it,” he was quoted as saying.

“In the past the government said in writing that they will implement Lokpal law and provide pensions and 1.5 times of minimum support price to the farmers but did nothing. Now I will not have any more false assurances and continue the hunger strike till there is life in my body,” he had said.


-Tags:#Hazare

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-2482 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus