Sports

‘US decision to halt WHO funding irresponsible’

MOSCOW, APR 18 (IANS) | Publish Date: 4/18/2020 10:07:55 AM IST

The decision of US President Donald Trump to suspend funding to the World Health Organization (WHO) is “counterproductive and irresponsible”, the Russian Foreign Ministry has said.

“We consider Washington’s decision to suspend contributions to the WHO’s budget and its attempts to blame the WHO for what is happening in the US counterproductive and irresponsible,” the ministry’s spokesperson Maria Zakharova said at a news briefing on Friday, Xinhua reported.
She added that accusations against the WHO of passivity, opacity and maliciousness are completely groundless.
Zakharova noted that the WHO at all stages of the development of the COVID-19 pandemic acted within its mandate and on the basis of scientific data.
Earlier this week, Trump announced that he had instructed his administration to suspend funding to the WHO, which he accused of “severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus.”
 

-Tags:#WHO

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus