International

23 mn affected in China floods

BEIJING, Jul 27 (Agencies): | Publish Date: 7/28/2018 12:46:29 AM IST

 About 23 million people in 28 provinces had been affected by floods since the start of the flood season this summer, with 86 people dead, China’s disaster relief authorities said Friday.

Over 2.18 million hectares of farmland were flooded, and 30,000 houses collapsed, Zhang Jiatuan, spokesperson for the Office of State Flood Control and Drought Relief Headquarters, said at a press conference. As part of efforts to prepare for the flood season, the relief headquarters has sent 136 work teams to inspect 1,216 small-scale reservoirs to prevent possible risks, according to Zhang.
Meanwhile, the headquarters, the Ministry of Water Resources and the Ministry of Finance have decided to earmark relief funds of 1.7 billion yuan (250 million U.S. dollars) to aid disaster-hit areas.
 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Phone:+91-3862-248 489,Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-2482 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com
© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus