The Northeast India Academy of Performing Arts (NIAPA) with the aim to capitalize and preserve the rich and diverse culture of northeast India through entertainment and to develop and promote potential talent in the region is organizing the biggest entertainment festival to be organized as a part of the Hornbill festival 2012 in Kohima where culture meets modernity from December 3-5.
NIAPA, along with the Government of Nagaland have envisaged a plan of showcasing the many varied talents, unique culture and creativity of the people of northeast India and for the first time, bring brands to be part of the events.
The festival will be a 3-day event starting with a play on December 3 based on the rich Naga culture and heritage.
December 4 will see NIAPA hosting the annual Hornbill charity ball for this year. This year’s ball is in support of the Spastic Society, Nagaland. Sale proceeds from tickets will all go to the spastic society.
On December 5, NIAPA will introduce the annual fashion night where top designers of India would showcase their collection along with designers from the northeast. Buyers can come for the festival and preview the entire collection and witness the potential of our fashion senses.
The night will witness Esther Jamir debuting her first collection as a designer, a super model of India venturing into designing experiencing the best of both worlds.
Annu and Amrit, the renowned designers of India will also be showcasing their evening collection.
The last sequence will witness a wedding collection by NIAPA.
Celebration of fashion in style.
Esther Jamir is a fashion icon and now moving into designing making her debut with NIAPA at the Hornbill fashion night. She has always been interested in designing but modeling kept her busy until now.
The collection has a lot of color and it has been chosen keeping in mind the lovely spring and hot summer days. Most of the fabrics are 100% cotton. “This is my debut collection so it is very close to my heart and this is one of the reasons why you will see a lot of my personal style on the ramp. Expect to see a little bit of cuteness, hot number as well as classy wear”, stated Esther.
Wills India Fashion Week A/W 2011
Wills India Fashion Week A/W 2012
Wills India Fashion Week S/S 2013
Muscat fashion week
Punjab fashion week
Bangalore fatshion week
Jaipur fashion week
Chennai fashion week
Kochi fashion week
Shows in couture fashion week 2012
Did shows for designers like Rohit Bal, JJ Vallaya, Suneet Varma, Manav Gangwani, Varun Bhal, Manish Malhotra, Tarun Tahiliani, Ritu Kumar, Ritu Beri, Sabhya Sachi etc.
Did show for Vogue magazine
Shoots for magazines like Marie Claire, Elle.
Wills Fashion Weeks 2011 and 2012.
TVC with Priyanka Chopra, commercial for men’s deodorant, grand MTV 2011
Managed by IMG New York
Height: 5’ 8.5” (176 cms)
Bust: 32” (82.5cms)
Waist: 25” (63.5 cms)
Hips: 35” (88.9 cms)
Hair: Dark Brown
1. Featuring in upcoming Bobby Brown international campaign 2013
2. Currently on billboards for Jockey in NYC and other cities in USA.
3. Features in L’Oreal, Bio matrix, Garnier roll on commercial.
4. Vogue NY, Grazia NY, Red UK
5. Featured as the Upcoming Model of the Year 09 in GQ India.
6. Featured as the Face to Look For 09 in Elle India.
7. PERONI Face of the Week - WIFW fall/winter ‘08.
8. Featured on the covers and in the fashion spreads of various prestigious magazines including Marie Claire, Vogue, Maxim, Cosmopolitan and Femina (Indian editions)
9. Extensive experience in ramp modeling including Wills India Fashion Week 06, 07, 08, 09, LFW 2010 and Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week 08.
10. Received most votes online among 25 contestants in Ponds Miss India Beauty Pageant 2006.
11. Played the leading female character in a music video by Dr. Zeus (<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE79XdzHoAw>)
X F-Tv model awards in Greece
X Pond’s Femina Miss India 2006
X SuperModel of the World 2009 China