close
 
Name:*  
Email:*   
 
Message:*   
FEEDBACK  /
LOGIN
 
 
*mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk
Name:*  
Password:*  
Verify Password:*  
E-mail ID:*    
A confirmation link will be sent to your email and your email will
be used as your username.
Contact Number:
Address:
Pincode:
Are you human?

 
 
/ SIGN UP
Breaking News
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Infotainment » Infotainment News

Prince Harry defies Boston terrorists; promises Sunday’s event WILL go ahead

Apr 16 (Agencies)
:
Published on 16 Apr. 2013 11:17 PM IST
Print  Text Size
 

Prince Harry will go ahead with a hugely public visit to the London Marathon despite the Boston atrocity, as security plans were tightened ahead of Sunday’s event.

Palace sources confirmed this morning that the third in line to the throne has no plans to cancel the long-standing engagement despite increased security fears following the U.S. bombings.

The prince is patron of the London Marathon Charitable Trust and will make the presentations to the winners of the mini marathon, the elite men and women and the wheelchair IPC Athletic Marathon World Cup races.

He will also meet a selection of volunteers involved with the administration of the 2013 Virgin London Marathon and members of the St. John Ambulance. An aide told MailOnline today: ‘We are not aware of any change to his plans.’

It is likely, however, that the prince’s team of bodyguards from Scotland Yard’s crack SO14 diplomatic and royalty protection unit will be dramatically stepping up the security around him.

Harry is already guarded by a team of armed protection officers plus back-up but it is certain the number of armed officers will be increased.

Security sources said it would be ‘unthinkable’ for the prince to cancel his appearance at the marathon on Sunday unless intelligence was received to suggest there was a direct threat to either the event or the prince himself.

‘The motto is always business as usual. It’s very important that message is given out,’ they said.
Monday night’s horror unfolded just six days before thousands of athletes and fundraisers will take to the streets of the capital for the London Marathon on Sunday.

As pressure was heaped on authorities to safeguard the safety and security of those taking part in the event, runners vowed that they would still take part in defiance of the U.S. attack.

Susanna Reid, the BBC Breakfast presenter who is running in the London Marathon, said: ‘I ran the London Marathon last year.

As the next major international road race to take place, the eyes of the world will doubtless be on London and the thousands of police officers deployed on the day will be taking no chances.

The London Marathon passes some of the nation’s most recognisable landmarks and organisers said they will assess safety arrangements for the event following the tragic scenes in Boston.

 
For more updates, follow us on Facebook and Twitter
 
Tags :
Related News
 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
Photo Gallery Shuffle Photos
Winner of the choral competition, KVBC choir with judges.
Winner of the choral competition, KVBC choir with judges.
 
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News
  • 1
  • 2