Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » State » State News

UCEAN demand requisition for existing vacancies

DIMAPUR, Oct 14
:
Published on 15 Oct. 2011 2:26 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

Unemployed Civil Engineers Association of Nagaland (UCEAN) has expressed resentment over the recruitment policy practiced in various departments of engineering establishments.

UCEAN in a representation to the chief secretary has demanded to know as to why authority in-charge failed to requisite the existing vacancies as per engineering service rule, despite the assurance given at a meeting with FONSESA and AOE on April 5.

Drawing the attention of the chief secretary, UCEAN President Albert Magh and general secretary Ponen Longchar stated that at present there are 31 SDO posts vacant in PWD (W&H) against the promotion of SDO to EF.

The government order numbers are furnished below: 1. No. WH/EST-15/2008 Dated 11th February 2010, 2. No. WH/EST-15/2008 Dated 14th May 2010, 3. No. WH/EST-15/2008 Dated 23th September 2010, 4. No. WH/EST-73/2008 (pt) Dated 27th October 2010, 5. No. WH/EST-73/2008 (pt) Dated 10th December 2010, 6. No. WH/EST-53/2008 Dated 13th May 2011, 7. No. WH/EST-53/2008 (B) Dated 13th July 2011, 8. No. WH/EST-53/2008 Dated 18th August 2011, 9. No. WH/EST-53/2008 Dated 8th September 2011.

UCEAN further said of the Nagaland Engineer Service Rule (NESR) 60% of the vacancies are to be filled by direct recruitment through NPSC and remaining 40% through Department Promotion (i.e. JE to SDO).

Therefore, of the 31 posts, 19 posts are to be filled by direct recruitment; however, the department had failed to send requisition of the post (19 post) to NPSC till date.

Also, UCEAN highlighted on 23 SDO posts in PHED of which 14 are to be filled by direct recruitment and 9 posts through department promotion.

However, UCEAN  said the department violated NESR norms and went ahead with the promotion of 11 JE’s and the remaining 12 posts had been filled by current charge without sending the post for requisition. 

Stating that combined technical examination 2011 has already been notified by NPSC and examination was likely to be held in December 2011, UCEAN requested the chief secretary to give a written assurance that posts would be sent for requisition for the fourth coming combine technical examination 2011 and simultaneously direct the concern department in-charge to expedite the process.





For More Updates, follow us on  Facebook  and  Twitter

 
For more updates, follow us on Facebook and Twitter
 
Tags :
Related News
 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News