Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
4 shops gutted in Kohima

One of the shops which was gutted in fire at Naga Hospital Kohima compound, Sunday midnight. (NP)
Correspondent KOHIMA, JAN 12 (NPN):
:
Published on 13 Jan. 2009 12:27 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

Four shops, including a Pharmacy, PCO, and two variety shops were gutted in fire caused by a short circuit here at the Naga Hospital Authority Kohima compound, Sunday midnight. The fire reportedly broke out at around 12 midnight in one of the shops adjacent to the main switch board following a short circuit. No casualty was reported. Hard cash, properties, goods and medicines worth around Rs 20 lakhs were destroyed in the inferno. Firemen who arrived at the scene half an hour late fully doused off the fire at around 1.30 am. Residents of the colony and eye witnesses however expressed resentment at the State Fire Service department saying that no one answered the phone initially when they contacted the emergency fire service control. This resulted in the delay of the arrival of fire tenders by about 30 minutes. Moreover, the first fire tender arrived at the scene with half filled tank of water and had to rush back to refill water.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News