Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Pak asked to reveal India’s 26/11 probe
New Delhi, Islamabad, Jan 29 (IANS):
Published on 30 Jan. 2009 1:44 AM IST
Print  Text Size

Amid reports that Pakistan has rejected India’s dossier holding it complicit in the Mumbai attacks, external affairs minister Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday demanded that Islamabad should honour its deadline and disclose the findings of its internal probe. “We have not given any deadline. It was Pakistan itself that mentioned a deadline for bringing the probe report to light,” Mukherjee told reporters when asked whether India set a deadline to Pakistan to respond to its dossier on the Mumbai attacks. “Pakistan should honour the deadline it had given and make it public,” Mukherjee said. “It is for them to reply.” India has also demanded the extradition of Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and Zarrar Shah, two key operatives of the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terror group that New Delhi says planned the Mumbai attacks. The two were held last month during a crackdown on the Jamaat-ud-Dawa that the LeT has morphed into and are being held incommunicado at an undisclosed location. Pakistan has completed its probe into the Mumbai terror attacks that India has blamed on elements operating from this country, a media report said on Thursday. According to Pakistani media reports, the probe conducted by the country’s interior ministry has concluded that the Mumbai terror strikes were planned outside its territory. The report that was to be submitted to India by Wednesday is now likely to be shared with India by the end of this month. Dawn TV quoted sources saying that the Mumbai attack was planned from somewhere outside Pakistan and there are apparently no references to the Lashkar-e-Toiba. “Pakistan has completed the initial investigation report in connection with the Mumbai attacks,” The News said in an online dispatch on its website, quoting sources. President Asif Ali Zardari was Tuesday quoted as saying that India would be informed later this week about the outcome of the probe. Zardari made the commitment at a dinner here for the envoys of France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal and Russia. Foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, interior ministry adviser Rehman Malik and adviser on finance Shaukat Tarin were among those who attended the dinner. Malik told Dawn News channel that there was no “specific deadline” for making the report public and the investigators needed more time to complete their investigation. The Pakistan government had on Jan 17 given the investigation team 10 days to submit its preliminary findings.

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News
  • 1
  • 2