Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Naga youths have talent in sports: Azo
Correspondent Kohima, Mar 4(NPN):
:
Published on 5 Mar. 2009 12:59 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

Naga youth are endowed with rich talent in sports and music but are not sincere and committed for which they cannot prosper in this two fields, said Minister for Health and Family Welfare Kuzholozo Nienu (Azo) while addressing the inaugural function of the Little Flower Higher Secondary School annual sport meet, at its school campus here Wednesday. “Sport is a part of human development and also very much a part of physical education. Those who can’t do well in their studies can also excel in sports and earn even better livelihood”, Azo pointed out. However, he also reminded that to become a good sportsman, one has to be sincere, dedicated and punctual. Reminding the students that one has to work hard to become successful, the minister said one spent about 20 percent of their life in schooling and education and if one had to live a contended life for the rest of the 80 percent of their life, one have to struggle hard during the school days. He also lauded LFS for their achievements at the same time expressed his happiness after learning that LFS was a recipient of President’s excellent award. He also wished that such reputed schools are established in all the district headquarter and appealed the Catholic community to think it over. Earlier, Sister Anna Molly, principal of the school while welcoming the chief guest gave a brief profile of the school that was established in 1964. The main attraction of the function included march passed by contingents of four different houses and NCC cadets followed by colourful display by students from different house.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News