Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Goody gathers family, friends to say goodbye as she now ''only has a short time to live''
March 5:
Published on 6 Mar. 2009 12:39 AM IST
Print  Text Size

Jade Goody has said her goodbyes to friends and family as she now has 'only a short time to live'. Those close to the cancer-stricken Big Brother star say the next 24 hours are critical in assessing how long she has left. One of the friends who visited said: 'It's heartbreaking to see Jade like this, she's such a brave girl. She really needs to be surrounded by her friends and family at this time. Jade's mother, Jackiey Budden, 50, spent around 30 minutes with her daughter. Goody, 27, wants to be baptised in her bed at the Royal Marsden Hospital and is considering withdrawing from the public eye after being told 'enough is enough'. Her publicist Max Clifford, a close friend, said: 'We’re hoping and praying that Jade pulls through, but the fact of the matter is that she now only has a short time to live.' Jade's husband Jack Tweed apologised to his wife for his criminal past as she lay suffering in hospital, it was revealed. On Tuesday he spent a night with terminally-ill Goody after her emergency surgery to relieve the pain from her cancer. Tweed said: 'I was given permission to spend the night with Jade. I'm so happy - I just wish I could be there all the time. 'I told her I'm so sorry for my behaviour in the past. It's meant I haven't been there for her the whole time. 'I told her I've let everyone down but I've learned my lesson. And I said I'm worried that, once again, I won't be there for her and the family when they really need me', he told The Sun. Tweed will be sentenced later this month after being convicted on Tuesday for another assault. He sobbed in the dock after he was convicted of assaulting a taxi driver but sentencing - which he was warned is likely to be custodial - was adjourned until March 26. His solicitor had asked Epping magistrates for a longer adjournment, saying that Goody had been given a maximum of four weeks to live. However, Tweed, who was only released from jail in January after wounding a teenager with a golf club, could only get a month's reprieve - and therefore could be sent back to jail with Jade still alive. Tweed was released from prison on licence in January and was ordered to wear a monitoring tag and obey a 7am-7pm curfew. Yesterday Mr Clifford said that if Jade's condition continued to worsen, he would tell her that 'enough is enough' and advise her to withdraw from the public eye. Speaking on Talk Radio Clifford said he sometimes felt uneasy about the voyeurism surrounding Jade remaining in the media spotlight. He explained: 'The reality is there is a balance because there's huge public interest and an appetite and support for Jade, which is reflected by the fact that it's front page news virtually every day.

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News
  • 1
  • 2