Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Houses gutted in fire
Correspondent MON:
:
Published on 20 Mar. 2009 1:00 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

Two houses were completely gutted Thursday at Chingai Ward, Mon Town. Fire Service Station, which is just a few meters away, could not come to save the house in time though the emergency bell rang by the Fire Service personnel was heard, fire service personnel reached the site with insufficient water only after both the houses were completely burnt down. Witness said they saw the fire service personnel wearing uniform only after the bell was rung, which showed that they were on duty without uniform. In this regard, the general public of Chingai Ward lodged a complaint to Deputy Commissioner, asking him to suspend those personnel within two days for neglecting their duty, failing which; the public said would take their own course of action. Though no one was injured in the incident, properties worth several lakhs of rupees were lost in the inferno. The exact cause of the fire could not be ascertained at the time of filing this report.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News