In view of the third session of the 11th Nagaland Legislative Assembly (NLA), which would commence from March 10 at Kohima, and in the interest of public safety and convenience the traffic regulations have been issued to be enforced in and around Kohima town from 7 a.m. with effect from March 10 during the assembly session.
1) No vehicle without car pass will be allowed entry through police barricade/tri-junction into the assembly complex. Only vehicles of ministers, parliamentary secretaries, MLAs and senior government officials attending the session would be allowed entry through the assembly main gate opposite legislators’ home for which car pass would be issued by assembly secretariat. Escort vehicle of the VIP’s would however not be allowed entry through this gate but will be parked along the road leading to wing-one of legislators’ home.
2) Assembly staff would be permitted entry through the assembly staff entry gate and their vehicles with authorized car pass would be parked in the area adjacent to staff entry gate.
3) No vehicle without car pass would be allowed entry through police barricade/tri-junction into the assembly complex.
4) Visitors with proper ID card and pass issued by assembly secretariat would be permitted entry through assembly main gate opposite legislators’ home but their vehicle would be parked outside the assembly complex near police barricade.
5) No vehicle would be allowed parking from new/old ministers’ hill are and Raj Bhavan area to new assembly complex from 7 a.m. with effect from March 10 till the completion of assembly session.
Any vehicle found unattended and abandoned, parked in the above specified area would be towed away by traffic police and legal action would be initiated against the defaulters.
6) Bus/Truck/Taxi Parking:
a) Local Taxi parking at Phoolbari area, Razhü Point and the Zonal Taxi parking at Bank of Baroda area would be shifted to local ground.
b) Parking at Kezekie area, CANSSEA office area and High School Jn. Area would be shifted to IG Stadium road beyond GHS School.
c) Parking at PHQ junction would be shifted to Mohonkhola road below. South PS for Southern Angami bound taxis and Science College road above Agri Jn. for Jotsoma bound taxis.
d) Officials of the medical directorate have been requested to park their vehicles along the road below hotel Japfü.
There parking will be shifted with effect from March 10, from 7 a.m. till the assembly session ulminates
7) Road Diversions:
a) PHQ Point: Light vehicles and empty trucks playing downwards would be diverted at PHQ Jn. via Fira Hotel to Paramedical colony and join NH-39 below Paramedical.
b) MS Classic Point: Light vehicles playing downwards shall be diverted at MS Classic Point towards Lady’s Mile road to join NH-39 at TCP Gate and proceed to NST via New Market. Lady’s Mile road shall be a ONE WAY for down vehicles only from below AR House Jn.
c) No vehicle shall be allowed to park or drop school children below over bridge/footpath above Mezhur HSS on NH-39.
d) The traffic flow from KES traffic point to Lotha Church and Lower Chandmari would be “One Way Traffic” only. No vehicle will be allowed to proceed from Lotha Church and Lower Chandmari towards Mezhur HSS traffic point.
8) Traffic regulation for heavy/medium vehicles:
Entry of heavy and medium vehicles except passenger Buses, Mail Vans and emergency service vehicles from National Highways 39 and 61 and State Highways at By-Pass check gate, Phesama check gate, Merema check gate and BSF check gate would not be allowed with effect from March 10 from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
From 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Phesama, Merema and BSF Check gate would release ‘DOWN’ vehicles into the town are while Bye-Pass check gate would remain the other above mentioned check gates would remain closed.
Further in order to check the movement of anti-social elements the Security Forces and Police would conduct intensive checking and frisking at various strategic proper vehicle documents so as to avoid undue inconveniences.
The public in Kohima have been requested to comply with the traffic regulations. The public have also been informed to contact police through the following telephones:
i) Police Control Room – 2244279
ii) North P.S Kohima – 2244923
iii) South P.S. Kohima – 2242897
iv) Traffic North – 2228740
v) Traffic South – 2242527