Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
DAN perpetrating economic disparity:Cong
Correspondent KOHIMA, APRIL 9 (NPN):
Published on 10 Apr. 2009 1:44 AM IST
Print  Text Size

With the final stages of the current electioneering for the April 16 Lok Sabha poll, the Congress campaigned for the party candidate Asungba Sangtam in Kohima village, under 10 Northern Angami-I constituency of NPF veteran and minister Dr. Shürhozelie, who is also DAN chairman. Addressing the gathering at P. Khel Council, Kohima Village, the Congress leaders claimed that the Congress along with its UPA allies will storm back to power at the Centre. They urged people to vote for Congress candidate Asungba as he was certain of being made a union minister in the next UPA government. Zachilhu Vadeo, ex minister and Vice president NPCC said that out of three candidates contesting the Lok Sabha, K. Asungba Sangtam was the most experienced with two a two-term stint as MP and therefore, would deliver goods to the people. chairman media cell, NPCC R. Paphino, ex-MLA, lambasted the DAN government for failures on the development and law and order . He said that while the Congress- led UPA government had allotted huge funds to the state, the ruling DAN government miserably failed to utilize the funds meant for development. Paphino also said that the state government has not implemented the recommendations of the 6th pay commission whereas the other states had done so. He also alleged that there was a great economic divide among the people, with the rich getting richer and the poor poorer and urged people to give respond. Sevtso Seyie, ex candidate of 11-Northern Angami-II lashed out at the DAN government for dividing Naga society where only 5 % of the society was benefited, while the rest 95 % of the people were deprived of development. He said that if the DAN government continued than the future of Nagas was bleak and called upon people to defeat the DAN in the coming election. Prasielie Pienyu, President KDCC appealed to the electorates to vote for Congress candidate K. Asungba Sangtam on April 16.Earlier the function was chaired by Meselhoulie Rame, President, 10th Northern Angami 1 A/C, invocation prayer by Medongulie Rutsa , catechist ,Christ King church Kohima and welcome address by Keviselie Yiese, advisor ACC 10th Northern Angami 1 A/C. Several party workers, representatives from PCC, DCC, NYC and NSUI also attended campaign meeting.

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News
  • 1
  • 2