Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Fire incidents in Dimapur
Published on 22 May. 2009 1:17 AM IST
Print  Text Size

It was a day of fire incidents in Dimapur during the past 10 hours involving some few buildings though there was no report of any casualty. In the first incident, fire broke out at a flat located at Duncan-PWD colony at around 12.30 a.m. Thursday. One LPG cylinder also exploded. The fire was contained due to timely intervention of fire department and police personnel. In another incident in Nagarjan, a building housing a private office caught fire and though the inside of the room was badly burned, fire brigade personnel brought the fire under control. Sources said fire was caused by short circuit. In another incident at around 10.30 a.m., fire broke out in a room, reported to be an auditorium of Christina Memorial School at 2 ½ mile but timely action by the residents prevented any serious damage. (Staff Reporter)

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News
  • 1
  • 2