Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Dialogue with Kuki militants soon: O Ibobi
Correspondent IMPHAL, JUL 6:
Published on 7 Jul. 2009 12:30 AM IST
Print  Text Size

Manipur chief minister, O Ibobi Singh on Monday said the government would hold dialogues with militant groups signing the tripartite Suspension of Operation (SoO). The chief minister informed this while replying to opposition members’ arguments stating that the Governor’s address failed to mention holding dialogues with militant groups Chief minister, O Ibobi said the government was not willing to continue the Suspension of Operation (SoO) for a long time as it would create problems and the government was planning to start dialogues at the earliest. Ibobi also appealed members to report in time if cadres of the outfits carried out extortion and kidnapping of people for ransom stating that government would seriously deal with violation of ground rules during the SoO period. “If the militants continuously violate the ground, government will withdraw from the suspension of operation and launch offensive against them,” Ibobi assured the house. Opposition members alleged that cadres of militant outfits enjoying SoO were still indulging in extortion, kidnapping and threatening people. The trilateral SoO agreement with 18 Kuki militants represented by the two apex body, Kuki National Organisation and United People’s Front, the state and Central government was signed in August last year. Since signing of the agreement, verification of lists of cadres and opening of designated camps at different places in the hill areas dominated by the outfits were under progress.

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News
  • 1
  • 2