In view of the fourth Session of the 11th Nagaland Legislative Assembly commencing from July 7 at Kohima and, in the interest of public safety and convenience and as per powers conferred under Sec. 115 of MV Act 1988 and govt. notification no. TPT/MV-8/98 dated 28/10/01; superintendent of police, Kohima, Renchamo P. Kikon, IPS has issued the following traffic regulations to be enforced in and around Kohima town from 7am on July 7 during the assembly session.
1) No vehicle without car pass would be allowed entry through police barricade/ tri-junction into the assembly complex. Only vehicles of ministers, parliamentary secretaries, MLAs and senior government officials attending the session would be allowed entry through the assembly main gate opposite legislators’ home for which car pass would be issued by assembly secretariat. Escort vehicles of the VIP’s would however not be allowed entry through this gate but will be parked along the road leading to wing – one of legislators’ home.
2) Assembly staff shall be permitted entry through the assembly staff entry gate and their vehicles with authorized car pass shall be parked in the area adjacent to staff entry gate.
3) No vehicle without car pass would be allowed entry through police barricade/ tri-junction into the assembly complex.
4) Visitors with proper ID card and pass issued by assembly secretariat would be permitted entry through assembly main gate opposite legislators’ home but their vehicles will be parked outside the assembly complex near police barricade.
5) No vehicle would be allowed parking from New/ Old Ministers’ Hill area and Raj Bhavan area to New Assembly Complex from 7am on July 7 till the completion of assembly session. Any vehicle found unattended and abandoned, parked in the above specified areas will be towed away by traffic police and legal action will be instituted against the defaulters.
6) Bus/ truck/ taxi parking: a) Local Taxi parking at Phoolbari area, Razhü Point and the Zonal Taxi parking at Bank of Baroda area will be shifted to local ground.
b) Parking at Kezekie area, CANSSEA office area and High School junction areas will be shifted to IG Stadium road beyond GHS School.
c) Parking at PHQ junction will be shifted to Mohonkhola road below South PS for Southern Angami bound taxis and Science College road above Agri junction for Jotsoma bound taxis.
d) Officials of the Medical Directorate are requested to park their vehicles along the road below hotel Japfü. These parking will be shifted on July 7 from 7am till the assembly session is over.
7) Road diversions: a) PHQ Point: - Light vehicles and empty trucks plying downwards shall be diverted at PHQ junction via Fira Hotel to Paramedical colony and join NH-39 below Paramedical.
b) MS Classic Point: - Light vehicles plying downwards shall be diverted at MS Classic Point towards Lady’s Mile road to join NH-39 at TCP Gate and proceed to NST via New Market. Lady’s Mile road shall be a ‘one way’ for down vehicles only from below AR House junction.
c) No vehicle shall be allowed to park or drop school children below over bridge/ footpath above Mezhür HSS on NH – 39.
8) Traffic regulation for heavy/ medium vehicles:
Entry of Heavy and Medium vehicles except passenger Buses, Mail Vans and emergency service vehicles from National Highways 39 & 61 and State Highways at By-Pass check gate, Phesama check gate, Merema check gate and BSF check gate will not be allowed on July 7 from 7am to 10am. From 10am hrs to 11.30am, Phesama, Merema and BSF Check gate shall release ‘down’ vehicles into the town area while Bye-Pass check gate shall remain closed. From 2.30pm to 4.00pm by-pass check gate shall release ‘up’ vehicles while the other above mentioned check gates shall remain closed.
The public in Kohima have been requested to inform the police through the following telephones Police Control Room. – 2244279, North P.S. Kohima. – 2244923, South P.S. Kohima. – 2242897, Traffic North. – 2228740, Traffic South. – 2242527, in case any suspicious objects lying on the road or any other public places.