Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Pak dossier pins down LeT men
Published on 18 Jul. 2009 11:27 PM IST
Print  Text Size

The dossier that Pakistan handed over to India in Sharm-el Sheikh in Egypt on May 11 confirms what India has been insisting all along – top operatives of terrorist outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba were responsible for carrying out the November 26 Mumbai attacks. CNN-IBN is in possession of a copy of the dossier which names Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi as the mastermind of the attacks and four others as his accomplices, as well as several other as proclaimed offenders. The dossier makes it Pakistan’s first official admission to involvement of its citizens in the terror attacks. The dossier says Hammad Amin Sadiq facilitated funds and hideouts for 26/11, Mazhar Iqbal- was the handler of the terrorists who carried out the operation, Abdul Wajid was facilitator abd computer network expert, Shahid Jamil was a crewmember on board Al Hussaini and Al Fouz, the boats that brought the terrorists up to the INS Kuber, which was hijacked by them. The document lists Md Amjid Khan, Ifthikar Ali, Shahid Gafoor, Abdul Rehman, Md Usman, Ateeq-ur Rahman as proclaimed offenders in the case. The action taken includes the arrest of the five men, including Lakhvi and says a hunt is on for 13 others involved. Meanwhile, there seems to be some movement in Pakistan with the second and supplementary chargesheet against five operatives being filed before an anti-terror court in the garrison city of Rawalpindi. The investigators from the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), which probed the Mumbai attacks, submitted the chargesheet to the court, following which the judge adjourned till July 25 the trial, which is being held in-camera in the high-security Adiala Jail. The five accused were also given copies of the second and supplementary chargesheet and are expected to be formally indicted at the next hearing. Earlier on May 5, the court had distributed copies of the first chargesheet among the suspects. The trial resumed on Saturday following the appointment of Justice Baqir Ali Rana as the new judge for anti-terror court number 2 in Rawalpindi. Special Public Prosecutor Malik Rab Nawaz Noon represented the federal government. There had been no movement in the case since May 23 as Justice Sakhi Muhammad Kahut, who was earlier hearing the matter, was removed as part of judicial reforms. After Justice Kahut was removed from the case as part of judicial reforms, The Federal Investigation Agency approached Justice Muhammad Akram Awan, the judge of anti-terror court number 1, to take up the case and he repeatedly adjourned the matter. The trial of the five LeT operatives is being held in Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi due to security reasons.

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News