In compliance to the directive of supreme court vide order dated 22-04-2009 in W.P. (C) No.196 of 2001 - PUCL Vs UOI & Ors read with revised nutritional and feeding norms for supplementary nutrition in ICDS Scheme laid down by the ministry of women and child development, government of India, the Governor of Nagaland has ordered for revision of procedure on procurement of ICDS (SNP) food items and shall be effective from the year 2009-10.
1. Suitable SHGs /NGOs will be entrusted to procure the following food items as per revised nutritional and feeding norms of SNP:-
a) Take home ration (Micro nutrient fortified energy food as weaning food) for children of 6 months to 3 years/severely malnourished children.
b) Hot cooked meal (Micro nutrient fortified energy food in the form of ‘Khichri’) for children of 3 to 6 years/pregnant and lactating mothers.
2. A State Level Food Quality Control Committee (SLFQCC) is proposed to be constituted with the following members to verify the quality of food items procured by the NGOs for distribution to the Anganwadi centres:-
a) Addl. Secretary, Social Welfare: Chairperson
b) Representative of Medical Department : Member
c) Representative of Food & Civil Supplies Deptt. : Member
d) O.S.D. (ICDS): Member
e) Programme Officer (lCDS): Member-Secretary
3. After verification of the food items by the SLFQCC the SHGs/NGOs will further transport the food items to the entire ICDS project HQs. Such food consignments will be received in all the ICDS project HQs by a committee which is proposed to be constituted with the following members:-
a) ADC/SDO (C)/EAC : Chairperson
b) District Welfare Officer/ District Programme Officer : Member
(for ICDS projects located in the District HQs)
c) Medical Officer/BDO : Member
d) CDPO of the ICDS project concerned : Member-Secretary
4. After delivery of the food items the SHGs/NGOs concerned will submit receipt Challan duly signed by the above stated committee to claim payment from the Department.
5. Then the food items will be collected by Anganwadi workers along with members of the existing village Anganwadi Board consisting of village council chairman, women representatives of the village development board, Gaon Bura, members of the village health/education committees. Anganwadi workers and village Anganwadi Boards would ensure preparation of meal and organizing of feeding programmes regularly and CDPOs should submit monthly implementation report.