Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Alert against terror attacks in five cities
NEW DELHI, NOV 11:
:
Published on 12 Nov. 2009 12:47 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

There is a terror threat and it is more widespread than believed earlier by the government, which says it now knows more about the plot since the alert last week. Now Intelligence sources have warned that there could be multiple and simultaneous attacks in five cities that American terror suspect, David Headley, visited. Headley is believed to have had links with the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT). Acording to NDTV, part of the latest assessment is based on FBI leads. The rest is based on human intelligence and electronic surveillance by Indian agencies. Security authorities suggest that there could be perhaps 50 to 60 attackers involved. The government had last week issued a nationwide alert that another Mumbai-type attack was imminent. The Home Ministry had said there were fresh inputs warning of a similar terror attack. So what is the government doing about it? For starters, it is retracing Headley’s movements. It is clear now that he visited Delhi during April-May last year. Police in Mumbai have already begun tracking down all the places he went to and the people he met. In addition, authorities are trying to track down sleeper cells in several cities. Security sources point out that while there has not been a major terror strike since 26/11, it is one year to that incident. And with the anniversary just round the corner, could equally be an occasion for terrorists to make a statement.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News