Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Antony dismisses reports of China grabbing land
NEW DELHI, JAN 13 (IANS):
:
Published on 14 Jan. 2010 12:52 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

Stating that there had been no change in the India-China border, Defence Minister A.K. Antony Wednesday dismissed reports of China grabbing Indian territory and said there was just a difference in “perception”. “There is no change in the Line of Actual Control,” Antony said while referring to the LAC that serves as a border between the two countries. “There is only a difference in perception,” he told reporters, referring to a meeting he held with the army corps commander in Ladakh Tuesday. The minister’s clarification follows media reports that China was grabbing land along the Indian border. China has occupied large swathes of Indian territory in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir over the years, said a note from the Leh district administration to the home ministry. Anotony, who visited Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday, had also met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and administrative officials of the Ladakh Hill and Development Council. “I told them (the army and administrative officials) to study the situation in detail,” he said.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News