Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Houses gutted in Dimapur
Staff Reporter DIMAPUR, JAN 23 (NPN):
:
Published on 24 Jan. 2010 12:09 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

A semi RCC building belonging to one Dr. Sunep, including some five thatched houses, were gutted in an inferno that broke out at Church’s colony here at around 5:40 p.m. Saturday. The fire was apparently caused due to LPG leakage from a kitchen belonging to one Bengali family, fire service sources claimed. Sources also claimed that the inferno could have caused havoc around the area including the three storyed RCC building, had the residents not removed the LPG cylinders from the kitchens of the houses. It took about 30 minutes for three fire tenders to reach the spot and douse the inferno. Affected family members disclosed that very few household articles could be retrieved as the fire spread very quickly. Properties worth some 5 lakh were gutted in an inferno, confirmed police sources.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News
  • 1
  • 2