: The Dimapur District Consumer Society has informed consumers of Dimapur District that each and every citizen of the district is entitled to get a Ration card under different categories of food grains like APL/BPL/ AAY , but restricted to the limited / transitory allocation being issued by the Central ministry for different kinds of beneficiaries to be identified in particular category of Ration cards.
A press release issued by Dimapur District Consumer Society president Vinito Chophy laid the rules and regulations to be taken into consideration for identification of beneficiaries by the Village council chairman in rural areas and Colony GBs in urban areas t\in order to avoid encouragement of bogus Ration card holders on one side and diversion of food grains to the open market on the other side:
1. The basis for review/re-identification can also be done on the latest RD Baseline reports already recommended by the Village Councils.
2. Though enlisted in the RD list ,the following categories should not be entertained in the new list for both cases ie govt servants, pensioners, ex servicemen, beneficiaries under NOAPS(National Old Age Pension Scheme) or any other schemes being implemented by any other departments who are drawing Rs 11,000 only per annum may be included in the new list.
3. That, possession of APL, BPL and AAY cards altogether from the same family should not be identified.
4. In case of a single family member, who is having a Annapurna Ration card either BPL or AAY card is not entitled, however in case of five or more , identification against a said scheme should be recommended.
5. Since there is no RD baseline report in urban areas, ward GBs should take responsibility of identifying deserving cases against the above stated schemes at the initial stage incase of discrepancy.
6. That, eligible beneficiaries under BPL are:- landless labour, Rickshaw pullers, Thela pullers, daily labour wage earners etc should be recommended to the administrative officer for final identification.
7. That, eligible beneficiaries under AAY are:- poorest of the poor who are unable to get two square meals a day and the aged, sick, destitute, lactating mothers, disabled widows, single women without support, primitive tribes etc should be the case deserving identification. Further, AAY beneficiaries can be identified from various panchayats and Municipal areas also .
8. That, every identified beneficiary should furnish full name, photo of head of the family, number of family members etc.
9. To assist the government at the time of identification of beneficiaries under the TPDS schemes in their respective villages.
10. To report to the authority, any loss or damage of Ration card and expiry of any beneficiary in the village/urban areas for new identification and inclusion of the deserving beneficiary.
Further, for any queries consumers can contact Dimapur District Consumer Society, near Durga Mandir, Millennium Building Top floor Room No 2/3 at 9436073209 and 038622243187.