Naga Educational Heritage Society has informed that the restored Suspension Bridge of Rev. Dr. E. W. Clark would be inaugurated on February 13 at Milak, Molungyimsen at 10am by minister for Planning and Coordination, Vety & AH and Evaluation, T. R. Zeliang.
The bridge was constructed by Rev. Dr. E. W. Clark and villagers of Molungyimsen in 1888 over Milak River by replacing an old cane bridge with a Steel Cable Bridge which was imported from Chicago, USA.
The bridge was called by various names including “King’s Bridge” by Trans-Dikhu tribesmen, “Peace Bridge” by the Aos, “Clark’s Bridge” by Molung villagers and “Naga Hill Suspension Bridge” by the Clarks.
During the early part of the 21st century, the bridge which has been built on natural tree foundations was damaged by natural calamities which necessitated its restoration with RCC foundations through financial assistance from the state government.
ABAM executive secretary, Rev. O. Alem would pronounce the dedicatory prayer at the inauguration of the Suspension Bridge restored in memory of the pioneer missionaries, Rev. Dr. E. W. Clark and his wife.