Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
GoI-NSCN (K) truce extended
Published on 4 May. 2010 1:40 AM IST
Print  Text Size

Ceasefire between the government of India and NSCN (K), which expired April 30 last, has been extended for another year. Speaking to Nagaland post over the phone, the NSCN (K)’s ceasefire supervisory board official G. Rengma said the decision was made at a meeting between officials of union ministry of home affairs and NSCN (K) representatives in New Delhi Monday. Meanwhile, GPRN/NSCN “kilonser” Y. Wangtin Naga, told this reporter over the phone from New Delhi, that truce has been extended for one year, till April 28,2011. He also said loop holes in the ground rules were forwarded by government of India, and that the GPRN/NSCN authorities would discuss the matter. Those who signed the extension included GPRN/NSCN kilonsers- Y. Wangtin Naga, Jack, Merennokpu, “deputy kilonser” Bohoto Kiba and GPRN/NSCN secretary Gideon. The representatives from the government of India included special secretary to ministry of home affairs, U.K Bansal, special director IB, IGAR (N) major general Sandeep Singh, addl DGP (OPS) N Achumi and ceasefire monitoring group chairman Lt. Gen. (retd) Mandahata Singh. It may be mentioned that GPRN/NSCN had earlier expressed regret over “insincerity” of the government of India towards the Naga political issue and had directed its armed and civilian cadres to be prepared for any eventuality. Staff Reporter

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News