Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
CANSSEA mass casual leave
Correspondent KOHIMA, MAY 14 (NPN):
Published on 15 May. 2010 12:50 AM IST
Print  Text Size

Following the expiry of the deadline served to the state government over the demand for implementation of the 6th Revision of Pay (ROP)with effect from 1st January 2006, the Confederation of All Nagaland State Services Employees’ Association (CANSSEA) has decided to go for protest in the form of mass casual leave for three days starting from May 24 next.
The decision was taken at the general meeting of the association held recently and reaffirmed at the joint meeting of the division, sub-division, associations presidents and core groups held at the conference hall of the CANSSEA office here Friday.
Talking to mediapersons later, newly elected CANSSEA president Dr. K. David Sema said that the association had earlier served the deadline to the state government which expired today and the later failed to respond so far. The association was supposed to start the agitation starting from Monday next, however, it decided to give the state government some more time to respond.
“The government scale for measurement is not acceptable to the association,” said Dr. David and pointed out that the Government of India had accepted and implemented the recommendation of the 6th ROP for the central government employee starting from 2006 which was also approved by the government of Nagaland. “If they can give to all the Indian Services, why not us”, he queried. ROP is given by the government to cop with the escalation of prices of commodities and both the people who are in the state and central services are feeling the same pinch of the price escalation,” he said.
He rubbished the state government’s claim that fresh Dearness Allowance (DA) package was given to the state government employee every six months to cop with the price hike of essential commodities. He said the dearness allowance was not given only to the state services but also the central services.
On the state government’s justification that its employees which constituted just 6% of the population was consuming 61% of the state funds while the remaining 39% of the state fund was shared by the remaining 94 % of the population, Dr. David said that a family of 10 depended on the salary of a single government employee thereby making 60% of the population depend on the state government.
Besides, he said that the salary component was purely from the non plan fund of the state and that, plan fund apart from the centrally sponsored schemes, were purely for developmental work in the state.
Regarding the state government’s statement citing lack of state own resources, the CANSSEA president pointed out that the state was born out of 16 point agreement where the Government of India had agreed to take care of the salary of the government employees and also development of the state. He said the state had been without resources for the last many years.
Further, he said though the state government could not pay the arrear for two years while implementing the 5th Revision of Pay, the revised central scale of pay was effective from 1st June, 1998 through an agreement between the state government and the association.
Stating that there were many ways if the government of India was willing, the CANSSEA leaders felt that if there was some sort of negotiation, there could be some sort of arrangement mutually agreeable to both sides.
It may be mentioned that Confederation of All Nagaland State Services Employees’ Association, which is the apex body of the state services association had a change of guard recently when the members of the newly formed 6th ROP Demand Forum took over the reigns thereby ultimately dissolving the forum.
CANSSEA had informed that henceforth all ongoing activities with regard to 6th ROP would dealt with it.
The new team is led by Dr. K. David Sema as president, Kepelhoutuo Chüsi as vice president, Vekho Vero as general secretary, Khriesatuo Keretsü as joint secretary and S. Mar Aier as treasurer.

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News
  • 1
  • 2