Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
RoP a matter of privilege, reiterates CM
DIMAPUR, ARP 23 (NPN):
:
Published on 24 Apr. 2010 12:39 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

State chief minister, Neiphiu Rio said the RoP was a “matter of privilege” that government employees were given Central Pay Scale because the employees in Nagaland were not taxed like their counterparts in other states and the work load was also comparatively less.
Chairing the District Planning & Development Board meeting at Peren Town Hall on Friday, Rio said though the RoP comes after every 10 years, DA was being given after every six months to counter the price rise and added that the government was taking good care of its servants. Justifying government’s stand to effect the 6th RoP from April 1, 2010, the chief minister stated that previous RoPs were effected in the year 1990 and in 2000 and on these lines the government has decided to effect the latest RoP in 2010.
Rio regretted that another unregistered body has launched protest from April 22. According to DC Peren, Khrienou, C. Metha, the chief minister strongly objected to such action and said that nobody should sabotage the government. “For any grievances anybody can approach the Court. Government servants must serve the Government,” he asserted.
The chief minister pointed out that the government employees in other states comprised of less than 1% of the population and that it was 6% in Nagaland for whom the state exchequer spends 60% for salary and pension leaving only 40% of fund for the remaining 94% population.
“Therefore, if the privilege class - the Government servants are not willing to serve their master (public) they may resign from their job, as such continued sabotage of the government may invite the wrath of the public against them,” Rio said.
He said any government servant having any grievances must be willing to come forward to talk.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News