Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
NPCC seeks reply on 80% cash deduction
Published on 17 Jun. 2010 1:00 AM IST
Print  Text Size

Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) Wednesday while accusing NPF-led DAN government for alleged deduction of 80% from Rs.450 lakh, released for clearance of pending bills and town maintenance for Dimapur division, demanded clarification from those responsible.
In a press statement, NPCC general secretary Aheto V. Yepthomi said the amount of over Rs.450 lakh, released from civil deposit for the clearance of pending bills and town maintenance to Dimapur division last May, were not specifically utilized for its purpose.
Aheto went on to allege that out of total bill amount only 20% each was paid to responsible contractors/ suppliers while remaining 80% was adjusted. Aheto claimed that the reason provided for amount deduction, was meant for chief minister, R&B minister, finance commissioner, additional finance commissioner, commissioner and secretary (R&B) and chief engineer PWD (R&B).
Aheto further demanded clarification from the state chief minister, minister PWD (R&B) and PWD (R&B) E.Er C. Kelhoupuo Rio on what basis 80% was deducted from contractors’ and suppliers’ hard earned money.
He said NPCC expected responsible authority to give satisfactory answer to its demand.
He also stated that NPCC would not hesitate to produce evidences and eye witnesses to support its claim, if required.

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News
  • 1
  • 2