In view of the seventh session of the 11th Nagaland Legislative Assembly which would commence on July 20 till 27 at Kohima and, in the interest of public safety and convenience and as per powers conferred under Sec. 115 of MV Act 1988 and Govt. Notification No. TPT/MV-8/98 dated 28/10/01, Superintendent of Police, Kohima, has notified the following traffic regulations to be enforced in and around Kohima town from 7am from July 20 to 27 during the Assembly Session.
1) No vehicle without Car Pass would be allowed entry through Police Barricade/ Tri-Junction into the Assembly complex. Only vehicles with authorized Car Pass A (Blue) and B (Yellow) shall be permitted entry through the Assembly Main Gate. Escort vehicles of the VIP’s would be parked along the road leading to Wing – One of Legislators’ Home.
2) Assembly staff shall be permitted entry through the Assembly staff entry gate and their vehicles with authorised Car Pass Assembly Logo shall be parked in the area adjacent to staff entry gate.
3) Visitors with proper ID card and pass issued by Assembly Secretariat would be permitted entry through Assembly main gate opposite Legislators’ Home but their vehicles will be parked outside the Assembly Complex near Police Barricade.
4) No vehicle would be allowed parking from New/ Old Ministers’ Hill area to New Assembly Complex from 7am on July 20 – 27 till the completion of Assembly Session. Any vehicle found unattended and abandoned, parked in the above specified areas will be towed away by traffic police and legal action will be instituted against the defaulters.
5) Bus/ Truck/ Taxi parking: a) Parking at Kezekie area, CANSSEA office area and High School Jn. areas including vehicles parked on either side of the New Secretariat road would be shifted towards IG Stadium road beyond GHS School. b) Parking at PHQ Jn. would be shifted to Mohonkhola road below South PS for Southern Angami bound taxis and Science College road above Agri Jn. for Jotsoma bound taxis. The above parking regulation will be effected from 7am on July 20 till the Assembly Session for the day is over and would continue throughout the Assembly Session.
6) road diversions: a) MS Classic Point: Light vehicles plying downwards shall be diverted at MS Classic Point towards Lady’s Mile road to join NH-39 at TCP Gate. Lady’s Mile road shall be a ‘one way’ for down vehicles only from below AR Sentinel House Jn. b) No vehicle shall be allowed to park or drop school children below over bridge/ footpath above Mezhur HSS on NH – 39 during the Assembly Session.
The public in Kohima have been requested to comply with the above traffic regulations and bear with the inconveniences in the interest of all. In case of any suspicious object found lying on the road or any other public places, one may inform the police through the following telephones - Police Control Room - 100/2244279, North P.S. Kohima - 2222222, South P.S. Kohima-2222111, Traffic North – 2228740, Traffic South – 2242527.