Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Fire at Landmark colony
Dimapur, JUL 7 (NPN):
Published on 8 Jul. 2010 12:14 AM IST
Print  Text Size

A house belonging to one Vinili Sema, at Landmark Colony caught fire around 9.15pm on Wednesday while the occupants of the house were drying pork meat over the fire place for Tuluni festival which falls on Thursday.
According to the neighbours the fire started from the kitchen and then spread rapidly causing an LPG cylinder to burst.
The timely intervention by the colony youth and fire fighters restrained the inferno for spreading to neighbouring houses.
It maybe mentioned that a vehicle (Hyundai Accent) belonging to the owner was also burned and properties worth lakhs of rupees were destroyed.
There was no casualty reported till the time of filing the report.
Meanwhile, Landmark colony secretary Shikavi has expressed gratitude to fire services and the public for extending timely help in dousing the fire.

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News
  • 1
  • 2