Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Gas leak scare in Kohima
Correspondent KOHIMA, SEPT 25 (NPN):
Published on 26 Sep. 2010 12:09 AM IST
Print  Text Size

Leakage of gas cylinder struck panic among people in Kohima town Saturday afternoon after the leaking gas cylinder, which caught fire, was brought out to the roadside at around 5 p.m. The incident occurred in front of one gas agency, near Old MLA Hostel junction, when many people were buying vegetables from nearby vendors. Passersby in nearby shops and vegetable vendors ran for cover following the incident. Luckily, the burning gas cylinder was prevented from bursting after it was covered with a sack and sand. The incident could have been a major catastrophe as vehicles were parked in the nearby vicinity during the time of the incident. Continued gas leakage and strong stench scared people away for quite sometime, however, it was removed safely later.

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News
  • 1
  • 2