The Government of Nagaland Finance Department Establishment & ROP Cell has notified for payment of dearness relief to Nagaland Government pensioners/family pensioners.
According to an official bulletin, Toshi Aier, additional chief secretary & finance commissioner, informed that the details are reproduced as follows:
No.FIN/ROP/REL-8/87 (VOL-I) Dated Kohima the 26th October 2010: The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department notification of even number dated 30th June, 2010 and to say that the Governor of Nagaland is pleased to sanction Dearness Relief to the Nagaland Government Pensioners and Family Pensioners to compensate them for rise in cost of living at the following revised rates, in supersession of the rates sanctioned earlier, w.e.f. 01.07.2010: From the existing rate of 35% to 45% of Revised Basic Pension (BP)/Family Pension (FP) per month.
2. Payment of Dearness Relief involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
3. Other provision governing Dearness Relief to the pensioners such as regulation of Dearness Relief on re-employment, regulation of Dearness Relief where more than one pension is drawn, etc. will remain unchanged.
4. Authorized Public Sector Banks, Treasuries/Sub-Treasuries are requested to arrange payment of Dearness Relief to the pensioners on the basis of the above instruction.
5. The Accountant General, Nagaland, Kohima may please circulate this O.M. to all State Accountants General so that the Nagaland Government pensioners drawing pension under their jurisdiction may be authorized payment of this relief at the earliest.
6. The Governor of Nagaland is also pleased to authorize the authorized Public Sector Bank, Treasuries/Sub-Treasuries to release payment of Dearness Relief to the Nagaland State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners in future at par the Central Government rates based on orders issued by the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions revising the rates of Dearness Relief for Central Government Pensioners without any separate order from the State Government or authorization from the Accountant General, Nagaland till further order.