Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
SIT to probe Nov 25 abduction case; DC Dmu appeals public to be forthcoming
DIMAPUR, NOV 28 (NPN):
:
Published on 29 Nov. 2010 12:49 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

A Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP), Dimapur and two SDPOs and the concerned OCs as members has been formed to probe into the November 25 abduction of businessman, Hariram Gupta. He was released on November 26.
The police armed with certain clues of suspects regarding the kidnap case have launched operations in full swing by Sunday evening to identify those responsible and effect arrest and prosecution said deputy commissioner Dimapur, Maongwati Aier addressing the media at SP office on Sunday. The police was confident that it would crack the case.
The DC said police have sufficient clues on the modus operandi of the criminals and expressed the hope that the case would be solved. The district administration also condemned the abduction case.
Aier, however, regretted that the public were not forthcoming in officially reporting criminal cases such as extortion and abduction to the police. He made a strong appeal to the public to lodge complaints with the police with complete details about any criminal cases.
With the festive season already at peak and people from the rest of the districts visiting the commercial hub Dimapur for various purposes, the DC also appealed the business community not to close down shops “too often” but to understand the sentiments of the people who were already in strong festive mood. Aier reminded that the entire Dimapur town has been divided into eight sector magistrates and commanders whose jobs were akin to community policing.
Also addressing the media along with his subordinates, SP Dimapur, Z. Mero said five companies of security forces were currently manning Dimapur town and disclosed that the DGP has assured to provide more companies within two-three days. Besides, foot patrolling, the PHQ was also planning to provide more mobile patrolling, he said. He said when the law and order situation was “very good” during the last part of September and first part of October and there were 8-9 companies, some companies were withdrawn leaving only three to man Dimapur town. However, acting on complaints regarding lack of security during mid November, two more companies were added.
The SP appealed for public support and urged them to come forward and lodge FIRs. He disclosed that no FIR has been lodged so far in connection with the November 25 abduction case. Reacting to a media report that there were eight kidnappings this month, Mero also clarified that there was no official police report excepting the November 25 case.
The SP told the public to approach the police and seek security assistance if they felt that their area was vulnerable and needed more security. Stating that the police would certainly look into such issues, Mero added that the police would tend to feel that the area was safe if there no complaints or approaches of such kind. The SP maintained that the public were indirectly encouraging criminal activities when they do not provide inputs to the police.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News
  • 1
  • 2