Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
4 families rendered homeless

A house in flames at Naga Cemetery, Dimapur on Sunday. (NP)
Staff Reporter DIMAPUR, JAN 2 (NPN):
:
Published on 3 Jan. 2011 12:57 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

A fire which completely razed a thatched house suspected to have started due to electric short circuit rendered four families homeless at Naga Cemetery, opposite Assisi school, Dimapur on Sunday at around 4.45 pm.
According to police sources, a thatched house belonging to one Sunita Angami, which housed four families, was completely razed to the ground.
Altogether five rooms and two kitchens were destroyed in the inferno.
Four fire tenders were immediately pressed into service to stop the inferno from spreading to nearby buildings and houses.
No one was injured in the fire incident at Naga Cemetery area and the loss of property was estimated to be between Rs 4-5 lakh, according to sources.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News