Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
3 get anticipatory bail in Dec 8 kidnap case
DIMAPUR, DEC 15 (NPN):
:
Published on 16 Dec. 2010 12:36 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

Three other persons named as accused in the kidnap and ransom of two Jorhat-based traders on December 8, appeared before the Dimapur Police on December 14, five days after six others were earlier arrested on December 11.
However, police said the three- Vishika Achumi, Hetoi Awomi and Xusheto Zhimomi –who appeared before police on December 14, were released since the court had already granted them anticipatory bail.
According to a handout issued by Dimapur Police, the above named three were released after having given their statements to police even as efforts were on to identify and nab the remaining suspects who are absconding.
Police said it has now emerged that one of the accused persons identified Aloto, was reported to be the auditor general of Sumi Kiphimi Kukhagulu (SKK), and who was ascertained to be one of the main co-conspirators in the abduction. Police said the abducted victims were confined in Aloto’s house.
Aloto was also alleged to have assaulted the victims for not being able to pay the negotiated ransom amount. Alota is reported to be still at large.
Dimapur Police have so far recovered a total of Rs.1,65,000 after the recovery of Rs.20,000/- each from the house of two who were earlier arrested namely Kimiyeto and Khesheto.
The police were confident that they would be able to recover the entire ransom amount and also nab all those who were involved but still absconding.
‘MMS scandal’
In connection with the “MMS scandal”, the Dimapur police said following the leak of the MMS clips involving two Assam forest guards, around the month of October last, enquiry was conducted to ascertain the victims, the place of occurrence, and the miscreants involved.
On investigating it was ascertained that incident did take place in the month of July 2009 but not as speculated by various sources, the PRO said. The official complaint with regard to this incident was however registered in Nov 2010 from a certain student body.
Based on the statement by two victims, six persons were arrested.
One of the accused identified as Md. Baharuddin, who allegedly took the victims to the place of occurrence, near Dellai check gate, was arrested Nov 12 last. Another accused identified as Mana Nath was also arrested the same day, police said.
On Nov 22 last, the SOT of Dimapur police with the assistance of Assam police arrested Ranjit Engti, an employee of Assam forest department. He is allegedly the main person behind molestation. The same day Babu Terang a tax collector was also arrested and ascertained that he along with one Bapuram Terang clicked the video of the victims from their mobile. The next day Bapuram Terang was also arrested.
Police said though certain names belonging to some Assam-based underground outfit were stated by the arrested persons as being part of the incident all the main accused persons involved in the particular case have been arrested and investigation almost complete.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News