Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Hyundai Motor to launch six new cars in next three years
NEW DELHI, FEB 8 (IANS):
:
Published on 8 Feb. 2011 11:28 PM IST
Print  Text Size
 

Automobile major Hyundai Motor India Ltd Tuesday said it intends to launch six new cars in the next three years, including a small car placed below its bestseller compact car Santro by next year.
“We are planning for six new car launches in the Indian market in the next three years, with two car launches a year,” said Arvind Saxena, director, sales and marketing, Hyundai Motor India.
According to him, the company intends to launch a compact car for the Indian market placed below the Santro hatchback by next year.
“We are going to launch such a vehicle by next year, it would be placed below Santro,” Saxena said.
The company, which reported low sales figures last month, is now gearing up to meet the surging domestic demand, said Saxena, adding that low exports have been compensated by domestic sales.
The second largest car manufacturer in the country announced that it will be the official car partner to the Cricket World Cup slated to be held in India from later this month. “Ground transportation is critical to the successful staging of an international event like the ICC Cricket World Cup and Hyundai will endeavour to provide the best transportation option for the players, officials and VIP guests,” said H.W. Park, managing director and chief executive, Hyundai Motor India Limited.
He said the company will spend Rs.200 crore in promotions during the year, including the Cricket World Cup.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News
  • 1
  • 2