Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Confessions of a dangerous mind: Vijay told cops
NEW DELHI, Mar 13 (Agencies):
Published on 14 Mar. 2011 12:56 AM IST
Print  Text Size

Vijay Saini alias Ram Singh’s one-sided love for Radhika Tanwar (20) had turned obsessive over the years. Gradually it reached a situation when he just could not stop thinking about her. He has made some startling revelations in his two-page confession to the police which has been accessed by TOI. Some excerpts:
“I, Vijay Saini alias Ram Singh, son of Radhey Shyam, resident of Mohalla Pathani Tolla (Biswan village), Sitapur, came to Delhi three and a half years back with Mehtab of my village in search of work. I got a job in the factory (knitting unit) of Kamal in Naraina and worked there for two-three months. Radhika, whose name I came to know about later, used to live near Kamal’s factory. I used to like her and fell in love with her. I started following her. Once I had even dropped a love letter in her father’s Tata Indica car, in which she used to come and go regularly.
“At that time, Radhika’s tenant, Pankaj, and his friend, Ravi, thrashed me. They also called up Radhika’s father and he had also beaten me up. After that, Kamal sacked me from the job. I then worked in one ‘Eastern Company’ in Loha Mandi area of Delhi for one and a half years. But all this while, I used to come to Naraina to see Radhika regularly. Then, I left for Mumbai and worked in one Manchanda’s factory in Goregaon area.
“While in Mumbai, I was desperate about Radhika and used to think about her all the time. I could not live without her. I came back to Delhi and stayed at WZ 388 in Naraina Industrial Area and worked nearby in the factory of T George. From there, I went to Shakurpur and worked in a jeans factory of Nuruddin.
“I love Radhika to eternity. She did not love. I saw her hanging out with another boy. I started hating her and decided to kill her. I had asked her to wait for me at the Dhaula Kuan bus stand (on March 5, 2011) but she refused. Then I went to Jharsa (Gurgaon) and met a person from whom I procured a countrymade pistol with one bullet by giving him Rs 2,000.
“On Tuesday (March 8, 2011), I came to Dhaula Kuan and shot her. I stood there for a few seconds, watched her and then left. I went to Sheikhu (whom I know) in Kotla Mubarakpur and gave him the pistol. Then I went to Mohammad Sahim, who is from my village, in Gurgaon with my clothes. From there I went and met Tabrez and Ashraf in Rohini and told them everything. They asked me to go back to Mumbai as the incident had turned big and the police would be looking for me. I went to New Delhi Railway Station and took a train for Mumbai. On the way, I destroyed my phone and threw it out from the train.’’
The police are yet recover Vijay’s mobile phone which will be quite valuable in establishing his movements. More than 17 teams had been working on the case and they got clues from Pankaj after verifying several workers in Naraina. They finally reached two tailors - Tabrez and Ashraf. The team which included inspector Balram, inspector Jai Prakash, inspector Yashveer of special staff, S-I Sandeep Sharma, S-I Sushil and head constable Devender, cracked the case after reaching his village.
The police have got his statement and they have built up the sequence of events but the fact that in court he refused to undergo a test identification parade could pose a problem.

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News
  • 1
  • 2