Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Silvio Berlusconi’s ‘bunga-bunga’ mystery solved
Milan, Mar 17 (Agencies):
Published on 18 Mar. 2011 12:04 AM IST
Print  Text Size

Silvio Berlusconi’s infamous ‘bunga-bunga’ parties are in a three-phase sequence, claim prosecutors. In their latest report, prosecutors have said that ‘bunga-bunga’ describe the three-phase sequence of Italian Prime Minister’s adult parties.
“The first phase consisted of a dinner; the second was the ‘bunga bunga’ phase which took place in a room used as a discotheque, where the participants appeared in masks, performing striptease and erotic dances ... and being touched on their intimate parts by Mr Berlusconi,” the Independent quoted them as saying.
In the third phase, “one or more young women spend the night with Berlusconi for payments above those received by the other participants”.
The billionaire media tycoon has been at the centre of a sleazy sex scandal for weeks and next month is due to go on trial accused of having sex with an under-age prostitute.
Berlusconi, 74, is the owner of Italian football giants AC Milan and details of how the girls wore the club’s famous red and black striped kit emerged in leaks from prosecution papers.
The 20,000-page file contain’s the prosecution’s case against Berlusconi and has already revealed how women at the bunga bunga parties - the phrase refers to a crude sex game - wore nurses outfits and police uniforms.
Investigators are said to have seized photographs from laptops and phones of the women involved showing them in uniforms, semi-naked and provocatively dangling hand cuffs.
According to a transcript in the file, one girl, identified as Elisa Toti, is heard talking to TV star Adriana Verdirosi, 34, about the parties and is heard to say: ‘For Silvio we dressed in Milan football kits.’ Miss Toti, 31, is also wiretapped telling a friend how she ‘offered to sleep with Berlusconi, naturally only if he does not have any official business to attend to’.
Earlier this week prosecutors closed their investigation into three of Berlusconi’s friends who are accused of procuring prostitutes, and listed 33 women, including a 16-year-old girl, who were guests at the parties.
The women are all either TV stars or models and prosecutors say they were paid with cash or jewellery to have sex with Berlusconi over an eight-month period from September 2009 through to May of last year.
Among them is Moroccan born belly dancer Karima El Mahroug who investigators say was just 17 when she had sex with Berlusconi - and was paid to do so.
He is also said to have abused his position as prime minister by securing her release when she was arrested for theft last May by wrongly telling police she was related to Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak.
Berlusconi said she should be freed so as to prevent an ‘embarrassing diplomatic incident’ and investigators say he did this so as to prevent details of the sex parties emerging.
Earlier this week Berlusconi dismissed the allegations against him by joking that ‘33 women in two months is too many even for me’ adding that his unidentified girlfriend would have ‘gouged my eyes out’.
Berlusconi has insisted that the allegations are all part of a Left-wing orchestrated plot to oust him from power and he has vowed to clear his name in court when the trial starts on April 6.
However, it emerged today that lawyers representing Berlusconi may ask for the hearing to be postponed as they have not had enough time to read the mountain of paperwork on the case.
Despite the scandals his popularity has only been marginally affected and even though he was booed and jeered at today’s celebrations others in the crowd shouted ‘resist, resist’.
Smiling Berlusconi told them: ‘I am going to stay and defend myself, I am going to go forward. I am not going to leave the country in the hands of Communists.’

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News
  • 1
  • 2