Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
NSCN condemns ‘false propaganda’
DIMAPUR, MAR 17 (NPN):
:
Published on 18 Mar. 2011 1:09 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

MIP of the NSCN (I-M) has condemned the “false propaganda” made by Tikhak spokesperson for the president’s office of GPRN/NSCN who alleged that the NSCN (I-M) had fired mortar shell resulting in the death of women and children and burning of houses at Hashik-Noknu in Eastern Nagaland.
Describing the allegation as “laughable and condemnable in the strongest term,” the NSCN said, through such figment of their imagination, they were trying to provoke and create situation and thereby invite the Indian Arm Forces to their support.
“But NSCN is not moved or impressed,” it said. The NSCN said it was truly committed to the unity and reconciliation of the Naga groups and would continue to work for the fulfillment of the reconciliation agenda.
Naga Army clarifies
Meanwhile, in a separate statement issued by Lt. Col. S. Shipo PRO Naga Army clarified that there was no casualty at Old Thewati shooting incident. The PRO claimed that the incident happened when a combined force of Manipuri-Assamese speaking militants alongwith Khaplang group numbering around 50 - 60 cadres attacked its makeshift camp at Old Thewati village under Phek district.
The PRO said no one was hurt as they started shooting from a far distance.
Stating that its cadres left the place at the request of the villagers without any retaliation, the PRO said that the report one of its boys was killed was “totally a concocted story.”
Further, the PRO alleged that blazing some of the houses at Hasik-Noknu village was the “handywork of Khaplang group.” “In that incident too, they carried out the assault on us. During the encounter, they suffered casualties and in their rage, they set the houses on fire. By that time, our cadres had already left the village,” the PRO said.
It advised the public not to be “so gullible” as to consume everything that appear in the media. The Naga Army reiterated that it not launching any offensive campaign against the signatories of the Covenant of Reconciliation, but on a mission and therefore, would not retaliate unless forced upon.
Organizations appeal factions for peace
In the wake of renewed factional clashes reported in various parts of the state, several organizations have appealed the Naga political groups to restrain and work sincerely for Naga reconciliation.
ENPO: Eastern Nagaland Peoples’ Organisation (ENPO) has reminded all factions of the resolution it adopted on December 18, 2007 at Tuensang Summit alongwith ENNWA of GPRN/NSCN, ENNWU of NSCN (I-M) and NNC/FGN (non-accordist) from six tribes.
ENPO president, Y. Mangko Phom said as per resolution no 2, the signatories resolved that there shall be no bloodshed, threat, intimidation or any form of violence within ENPO jurisdiction inclusive of Naga territories of Myanmar. The ENPO said it shall not extend any public co-operation to any faction/group for non-compliance of the resolution and that it shall question the same and would also appeal the same to all other Nagas.
The ENPO affirmed its strong stand according to the adopted resolution and appealed all factions to exercise restrain and honour the ceasefire ground rules.
NMA: Expressing deep pain and concern over the prevailing factional conflicts as reported in the local media, the Naga Mother’s Association has appealed to all groups to keep and respect the commitment made by signing of the Covenant of Reconciliation. NMA reiterated its slogan “Shed no more blood” and appealed to all national workers to work together to bring peace to the land in the interest of the future generation.
PPF: Against the backdrop of the reported factional clashe between the NSCN (I-M) and GPRN/NSCN near Old Thewati in Pochury area on March 15 and 16, the Pochury Public Forum (PPF) has described it an “unpleasant situation” and has appealed the Naga national workers to maintain peace even in the remotest and backward area such as Pochury area.
Stating that the incident had created panic and insecurity to inhabitants of the surrounding villages, the Forum rued that Pochury land was made “war zone” while most of the Nagas were in peace after the tireless effort of Forum for Naga Reconciliation in bringing about peace and reconciliation.
PPF president, Chulekhu said that in the struggle for Naga self-determination, the Pochuris have been the victims and most suffering group on most occasions. He cited the incident of the shooting down of Dakota plane in 1960 at Phor which resulted in massacre of men folk in Matikhru and Phor villages. The PPF appealed all national workers to let peace prevail in every nook and corner of the state.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News