Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
NRLM programme to be launched
Correspondent KOHIMA, MAR 26 (NPN):
:
Published on 27 Mar. 2011 12:11 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

Parliamentary secretary S. Pangnyu Phom informed the state legislative assembly that the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) programme would be launched during 2011-2012.
In his written reply to a starred question of Congress MLA Joshua Sumi, Pangnyu said that the Constitution of Core Group Formation of Executive Committee, finalization of draft Bye-Laws and Registration of the State Rural Livelihoods Mission were under process as per the guidelines.
On the supplementary raised by Joshua Sumi on whether the department received any guidelines from the ministry of rural development, he replied that the departments received the guideline and assured to table during the next assembly session.
Tourism: Parliamentary secretary for tourism Yitachu informed that eight Centrally Sponsored Scheme projects were in progress taken up during the year 2009-2010.
In his written reply to the Congress MLA KV Pusa, the parliamentary secretary said that the eight projects included construction of footpath-- Dzukou Valley approach road via Viswema Village, Tourist destination at Phek, Tourist destination at Kigwema –Mt. Suro Eco- Adventure, Tourist travel circuit development Longleng-Noklak-Pungro, Tourist travel circuit development Jalukie-Thilixu-Tuli, Rural Tourism Project at Shena Old Village, Zunheboto district, Rural Tourism Project at Longidang Village, Wokha district and Rural Tourism Project at Longchang and Longpha in Mokokchung district.
To a supplementary raised up by Congress member K.V. Pusa on the progress of the construction of footpath at Dzükou valley approach road, Yitachu replied that the construction was completed with an estimated cost of Rs. 85.48 lakhs.
Further, he informed the house that so far an amount of Rs 68.38 lakhs had been released by the government of India. “As per tourism policy 80% of money is released as advance and the remaining 20% will be released only after two years and this policy is practiced in the Ministry for the whole country” replied Yitachu, when asked the reason for not releasing the remaining amount.
Irrigation & Flood Control: Parliamentary secretary for irrigation & flood control, Y. Patton informed that that the total amount sanctioned for the MI project was Rs. 157.98 lakhs.
Replying to a starred question raised by MLA S.I. Jamir on MI Project at Khaibung under Chathe River, he replied that the work was allocated to T. Haolai, Khaibung Village, who is also the president of Water User Association (WUA) of the project.
Patton informed the house that the project was completed during the monsoon season 2009-10. However, upstream wing wall was damaged due to flash flood right after the completion of the project during 2009-10, Yitachu said and added that the department had already directed the contractor to repair the damaged wall before the onset of monsoon.
Road & Bridges: Minister for roads & bridges, G. Kaito Aye said that the government was in the process of selecting suitable candidates to man the State Quality Control Board, while replying to a starred question put forth by the Opposition leader Tokheho Yepthomi.
School Education: Minister for school education, Nyeiwang Konyak said that 10 Government High Schools were upgraded to Government Higher Secondary Schools from 2008 to February 2011.Replying to a starred question by the Opposition leader Tokheho Yepthomi, the minister informed that the schools were - GHSS, Aghunato (Zunheboto), GHSS Seikhazou(Kohima), GHSS, Kiphire(Kiphire), GHSS Longleng (Longleng), GHSS Peren (Science stream)(Peren), GHSS Meluri (Phek), GHSS Aboi (Mon), GHSS Tizit(Mon), GHSS Thangjam(Tuensang), and GHSS Tuli (Mokokchung)

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News
  • 1
  • 2