Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Water shortage, absence of fire service fail to control house on fire at Tseminyu
Published on 3 Mar. 2011 12:26 AM IST
Print  Text Size

A residence occupied by school going children at Tseminyu was completely razed down by a fire which broke out Wednesday at around 10:30am. The inferno could not be controlled due to shortage of water in the locality and absence of fire services in the sub-division, added the sources. According to sources, no casualty was reported as the incident took place during school hours. The ill fated house was occupied by ten students, studying in classes UKG to VIII standard, sources said. Meanwhile, in the aftermath of the incident, ADC Tseminyu along with the Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) Tseminyu Branch visited the spot and handed immediate relief material like blankets, emergency lights and kitchen wares to the students by the IRSC, Tseminyu Branch in the presence of L Khomo, EAC Sardar Tseminyu and Rengma Students Union. Rengma Students Union, president Kenneth Rengma and general secretary Solozu Kent expressing sympathy to the affected family members, stated that union will look into the wellbeing of those affected students and also will provide necessary study materials to them.

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News