Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Housewife prevents LPG cylinder from bursting
Correspondent MON, MAR 8 (NPN):
:
Published on 9 Mar. 2011 1:36 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

A kitchen was partially damaged in a fire incident that broke out due to a faulty gas cylinder at Thamnan ward of Mon town on Tuesday at around 8am.
According to the housewife, the pin of the gas cylinder came off along with the seal while she was opening the newly filled cylinder.
The fire in the kitchen came in contact with the cylinder instantly before she could do anything.
However despite the blazing fire, she managed to move the burning cylinder to the corridor, thus preventing further damage to the kitchen. Fortunately the gas cylinder did not blast.
Fire tender rushed to the spot and doused off the fire.
Meanwhile, BJP Mon district expressed sympathy to the vice president BJP Nagaland state unit Khowang Konyak and his family members, whose house was gutted due to leakage of LPG cylinder Tuesday.
BJP Mon district appealed all LPG agencies to properly check each cylinder before delivery so as to prevent such kind of incident in future.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News