DIMAPUR: State government has re-constituted high power committee for planned development of the capital complex area.
Minister, urban development will be the chairman and other members include deputy chairman state planning board; MLA, Kohima Town; chairperson, Kohima Municipal Council; deputy commissioner, Kohima; additional deputy commissioner (revenue); revenue officer, DC’s office Kohima; engineer-in-chief, PWD; Commandant 15th BRTF; director urban development; superintendent of police, Kohima; land records and survey officer, Kohima; officer-in-charge BSNL, Kohima and secretary, urban development department as member secretary
The functions of the high power committee are: 1. To identify land to be acquired and allot land to various government departments and agencies not only within the land acquired in the Capital Complex Area but also any land acquired by government within Kohima town in as far as it relates to the Kohima Town Master Plan.
2. To determine the size of land to be allotted to various departments for their Office/functional buildings.
3. To monitor the enforcement of Building Bye-laws within Kohima town.
4. To cancel sites allotted to departments for setting up their functional buildings within three years of allotment.
5. To approve the design of the buildings proposed to be constructed by various departments and agencies who have been allotted sites in the Capital Complex Area. The construction work by Departments/Agencies shall not be started unless designs of the buildings are approved by High Power Committee. This is in partial modification of this Department Notification No. NO.GEN/TCP /6/95 dated 25.9.2003.
Sub-committee under high power committee to study and suggest measures for improvement of the traffic system in Kohim will consist of additional deputy commissioner, Kohima who will be the convener and others members include executive engineer, urban development; executive engineer PWD (South Division) and deputy superintendent of police traffic (Kma).
The mandate of the sub-committee would be:
1. To identify potential parking areas.
2. To identify roads having scope for widening.
3. To examine the possibilities of private individuals in developing private plots/building terrace for public parking purpose.
4. To recommend parking tax structure.
5. To suggest measures for improving New market road starting from New NST and connecting Naga Hospital.
6. To suggest street vending zones.