Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
NATO base attack suspect held
KABUL, APR 12 (AGENCIES):
:
Published on 12 Apr. 2011 9:57 PM IST
Print  Text Size
 

A Pakistani man has been arrested on suspicion of leading a botched assault on a NATO base last week that left seven insurgents dead, the Afghan Intelligence Agency said.
A spokesman for the agency, Lutfullah Mashal, said the 26-year-old man named Zarmalok was from the Pakistani city of Peshawar. Mashal said the man sneaked into Afghanistan a day before the April 5 attack on NATO’s base in the eastern city of Jalalabad. He met another 11 men in Jalalabad and they tried to storm the base firing assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades. Seven of the attackers were killed. There were no coalition casualties.
Zarmalok escaped and was captured, the agency spokesman said. It is unclear what happened to the remaining four insurgents and Mashal did not mention them.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News