In compliance to the instruction of election commission of India, deputy commissioner and returning officer, Mokokchung has notified public that the candidate or election agent of candidate, polling agent, electors or public would not be allowed to carry cellular phones, cordless phone, wireless sets etc., in any case, inside polling stations and counting centre and within 100 meters perimeter of the polling station.
Only presiding officers, observers, micro-observers, sector magistrates, officer in-charge of security personnel, counting supervisors or other officers specially authorized by returning officer can carry such communication sets inside polling stations and counting centers for emergency official use only.
These officers are advised to keep their communication sets in silent mode and shall not use it from inside of a polling station and counting centre.
Violation of ECI instruction shall be treated as a major default and liable to penal actions as by provisions of law, added DC.
Moreover, under the provision of section 36 of the Representation of the people Act, 1951, only such category of persons as specified below shall be admitted at the place for scrutiny of nomination papers:
Candidate, candidate election agent, one proposer of each candidate, one other person duly authorized in writing by each candidate, and no other person.
In the case of candidates set up by registered un-recognized political parties and Independent candidates also, only one of the proposers shall be admitted at the scrutiny.
All candidates are requested to co-operate in following the aforementioned directives/instructions at the time of scrutiny.
DC Mokokchung issues notice of election
In view of the conduct of by-election to 26-Aonglenden Assembly constituency, deputy commissioner and returning officer, Lithrongla G. Chishi has issued notice of election as under:
1. An election is to be held of a member to the Nagaland Legislative Assembly in the 26-Aonglenden A/C.
2. Nomination papers may be delivered be a candidate or be any of his proposers to the returning officers at deputy commissioner conference hall between 11am - 3pm on any day (other than public holiday) not later than April 18.
3. Forms of nomination may be obtained at the place and time of aforesaid.
4. The nomination papers will be taken up for scrutiny at 11am on April 19 at deputy commissioner conference hall Mokokchung.
5. Notice of withdrawal of candidature may be delivered either by a candidate or by any of his proposers or by his election agent who has been authorized in writing by the candidate to deliver it to either of the officers (specified in paragraph 2) at the office before 3pm on April 21.
6. In the event of the election being contested, the poll will be taken on May 7 between 8am - 5pm.
DC Mkg on restriction on the printing of pamphlets, posters: In view of the conduct of by-election to 26-Aonglenden Assembly Constituency, Deputy Commissioner & Returning Officer, Mokokchung, Lithrongla G. Chishi through an order has notified that Section 127A of the Representation of the people Act, 1951 regarding restriction on the printing of pamphlets, posters etc., has been enforced for strict compliance by all concerned. Meanwhile, in view of the conduct of by-election to 26 Aonglenden A/C, DC Mokokchung has appointed all head of departments in the district as nodal officer for their respective department.