Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Peace process may derail if GoI forgets how it started: NSCN (I-M)
DIMAPUR, APR 21 (NPN):
:
Published on 22 Apr. 2011 12:55 AM IST
Print  Text Size
 

Recalling how the peace process between the government of India and the NSCN was initiated, the NSCN (I-M) on Thursday said that the peace process might be derailed, if the government of India has “forgotten in what spirit the peace process was initiated.”
MIP of NSCN (I-M) through a statement recalled that at the instance of the then prime minister, P.V. Narasimha Rao, its chairman Isak Chishi Swu and general secretary Th. Muivah met him in Paris on June 12, 1995 during which Rao proposed a political dialogue to resolve the political conflict. The MIP said its collective leadership responded, “Okay, Mr. Prime Minister, why don’t you talk with Khaplang Group and NNC? We will not stand in the way, but we will not be a party to it.”
To this, the MIP said, the PM replied, “Why should I talk with them? The issue is not with them. The issue is with you. The people are with you, and so if we talk with you, we believe solution can be worked out. I will not talk with others. I know who they are. They are in my hands.”
Then again when the collective leadership told Rao, “It seems there are two Prime Ministers in India,”the PM replied, “I know who is who; I will not allow anyone to stand in the way. I will deal with the issue by myself.” The MIP said, consequently, ceasefire was declared and negotiation started.
The MIP also reminded about formal meeting between the government of India and the NSCN, when the home minister of India said that R. S. Pandey had been appointed with confidence to be the interlocutor. Further, the MIP stated it was also said that no one should issue any statement except the PM, home minister and R. S. Pandey regarding the peace process between the two entities.
It said that the home secretary of India, G. K Pillai had “unexpectedly” started standing in the way with strange statement such as, “After a little bit of progress with the NSCN (I-M) from the present stage, we shall start talks with NSCN (K) including State Government fully in picture.”
“It will be wise on the part of any authority not to exert beyond his authority and the government of India is expected to check such undue exercise of power before the peace process is endangered,” the MIP added.
NSCN (I-M) denies plot; slams Jamir
The NSCN (I-M) Thursday said it has taken strong exception to the false allegation levelled against it by union ministry of home affairs of purportedly planning to assassinate S.C. Jamir.
The MIP of the NSCN (I-M), in an emailed statement, said the matter was discussed at its joint council meeting of the steering committee members and the “council of kilonsers” Thursday at its council headquarters. “The resultant directive issued to the Nagaland state government by New Delhi to provide sufficient security to S.C. Jamir on account of self-created manoeuvre is to draw petty sympathy vote,” the MIP said.
The MIP said the alleged directive of Delhi exposed “total failure” of its intelligence agencies who “file reports to the home ministry at the whims of some crooked and wicked persons having no conscience and welfare for the people.”
Maintaining that it has no such intention to harm S.C. Jamir, the NSCN (I-M) said the inputs reportedly received from “so-called reliable sources” derived from S.C. Jamir himself and his brother Sungit Jamir, NPCC president.
“The objective is clearly to initiate pre-emptive steps for another upcoming stage-managed-self-ambush judging by his past track record,” the MIP statement said.
Further, the MIP said S.C Jamir to kick start 2008 election campaign with a “big bang” stage managed self-ambush on November 24, 2007 at Changki area to draw sympathy of the people as his popularity had touched the ground. It also said that in 1999 when S.C. Jamir was caught in the middle of Rs. 30,000 crores lottery scam, he diverted the attention of the people by a similar ambush on his own convoy between Dimapur and Kohima on November 29, 1999.
“Significantly, at both the incidents, there were not even scratch to anyone, leave alone casualties,” the MIP said, and claimed that he blamed the NSCN at both the incidents.
Asserting that it would no longer tolerate its name to be tarnished for “self motivated interest,” the NSCN (I-M) asked S.C. Jamir and Sungit Jamir to come out with a “confessional statement” and make their position clear to the NSCN and the Naga people at the earliest “for their latest gimmick”
The NSCN (I-M) also questioned the intentions of the GoI for what it described as engaging with it to finalize Indo-Naga political issue on the one hand while on the other hand “conniving” with S.C. Jamir. “We strongly demand that the home ministry of India clear its position too,” the MIP said.

 
Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
 
 
 
News:
Date:
 
More News