Breaking News
Nagaland Post Logo
You are here:  Skip Navigation LinksHome » Show story
Hotoi denies involvement in Dmu bomb attack
Published on 3 Jul. 2011 12:45 AM IST
Print  Text Size

GPRN/NSCN Dimapur town commander ‘Lt.Col’ Hotoi Aye,has refuted accusations by the NSCN/GPRN(Khaplang) that he hurled the bomb inside a shop in 3rd Mile Dimapur on June 30 resulting in the death of one and injury on three others, has instead claimed it was committed by members of the NSCN/GPRN(Khaplang).
Hotoi Aye, in a rejoinder, alleged that the order for the bomb attack came from Hokato Vusshe, of the NSCN/GPRN(Khaplang)stationed at Suruhuto camp to Akato “chaplee incharge” for NSCN (K) at Dimapur. Akato in turn, reportedly deputed “2nd lt.” Apuloto, son of Yevuxu, hailing from Askhuto town and “l/corporal” Mulaho son of H Hoito of Sitimi village to carry out the job.
Hotoi said both went on a motorbike and threw the hand grenade inside the shop on June 30.
Hotoi also denied ever knowing Pankaj Jain, the owner of the shop or of having any business involvement with Pankaj.
He claimed that on June 27 and 28, one Akato Yeptho, demanded Rs. 10,00,000 in the name of Khaplang group, with dire warning in the event of non payment.
Hotoi said on June 29 Akato locked Pankaj’s shop with a note attached and his telephone no. 9402993566 which incidentally was also the same mobile number Akato had given out in local media for Khaplang group.
On June 30 morning, when the shopkeeper found the store locked with additional lock, Hotoi said it prompted him to dispatch “Naga army personnel” to break the extra lock “because the rogue elements were trying to create unwanted situation in Dimapur.”
Hotoi said when he contacted Akato over phone, the latter admitted that he locked the shop and also accused him (Hotoi) of “interfering in their business”.
Hotoi said he told Akato that his action was unacceptable as he did not belong to any legitimate authority. Further Hotoi alleged that threatening SMSs sent by Akato Yeptho to many businessmen were slowly emerging.
Hotoi disclosed he had gone to the spot on June 30 to meet the injured and police investigating tem and also offered his contact number for any clarification on the incident.

Comments:(0) Login or Register to post your Comment
(Available for registered users only)
More News