55gm Grated coconut
55gm Bread crumb
300 ml Milk
30 gm Granulated sugar
30 gm Castor sugar
½ tsp Grated lemon rind
1. Heat milk and margarine together. Pour over the bread crumbs.
2. Add coconut, lemon rind and granulated sugar.
3. Beat egg yolk and add to the mixture. All to stand for half an hour.
4. Put into a greased mould and bake till firm at 175ºC.
5. Whisk the egg yolk firmly. Fold in castor sugar and pour on top of the pudding.
6. Put into an oven at 90ºC for 15 minutes or until the meringue mixture is crisp and pale brown in colour.